Join us at
Our studio operates both remote and local pipelines, so working remotely is an option. Some projects will require our team to be based in the Republic of Ireland.
Studio Meala is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Studio Meala seeks an Animation Director to lead the Animation Team on a 10 minute animation short.
A 2D Animation Director roles include:
- Overall responsibility for the quality and delivery of animation for the 10 min short.
- Help lead posing team ahead of animation starting.
- Help recruit and lead an animation team—guide, supervise and mentor the work of the animation team.
- Working closely with the directors to ensure the creative and technical requirements of the film are met by the animation team.
- Work closely with the production team to keep the animation department on track making sure to flag any concerns and help keep animation on schedule and on budget.
- Liaising with production team to ensure style requirements are met to the end of the production.
- Several years experience as lead or senior animator with in 2D Hand drawn animation.
- Good knowledge of TV Paint &Toonboom.
- Be able to lead a team, provide critical feedback, mentor and supervise other artists.
- Be able to contribute as part of the senior creative team.
- Have very strong communication and interpersonal skills – in order to clearly communicate style and quality requirements the team.
- Ability to self manage, multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
- Needs to be passionate & enthusiastic about the project!
- Must show attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, a good attitude and overall enthusiasm.
- Experience with some production tracking software and asset management software, preferably Shotgrid & Ftrack.